Thursday, November 09, 2006

The University of North Dakota Wild Prairie Roses (tremble in fear Gophers)


Fighting Sioux nickname goes to court today
The University of North Dakota goes to court today seeking to stop the NCAA from denying it use of the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.
Chuck Haga, Star Tribune
Last update: November 09, 2006 – 8:05 AM



This is one of my biggest peeves with liberals. In the case of the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, it really ticks me off that some group of loud-mouthed, idiotic, white liberal twits think they can go in and force a group to change years of history and tradition.

For one thing, there’s nothing derogatory about the logo. Secondly, the fact that a group would want to be identified with a Sioux warrior, which inherently will conjure visions of bravery, skill, and tenacity (at least in most people); should be something that Native Americans should embrace, not whine about. (example: the Seminole tribe in FL, who support the local college and its use of their name, they’re proud of the connection; again, it’s basically white liberal twits who champion these idiotic causes)

If I was a hockey player, I think I’d get fired up a lot more knowing the image I have to live up to is a valiant Indian warrior, versus say a golf course destroying rodent that looks like it’s been given steroids. (sorry UofM fans).

I went to Gustavus Adolphus College, which was established as a Swedish Lutheran college named after Gustav, a king of Sweden at some point in history. I think originally they wanted to go with “the Stormin Surly Swedes,” unfortunately, some liberals were on the naming committee and they decided to go with “Gustie.” I have no freakin clue what Gustie is suppose to conjure up in your mind, other than maybe a strong fart from the king. I think I would have preferred having some other type of rodent as a mascot for my alma mater.

1 comment:

Gino said...

i think we should name a team 'the marching cherokee' just to see how they really like it.