Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weeeeeee are the champions, my friend

AND WEEEEEEEEEE'LL KEEP ON FIGHTING TILL THE END
BECAUSE WE CAN'T KEEP A LEAD
WE CAN'T KEEP A LEAD
CAUSE WE'RE THE (VI)QUEENS

I can't believe I didn't take in to account years of experience. Seven minutes left in the game, the Queens are up by 14, and I got cocky. I was just sending off an e-mail to Nightwriter and Uncle Ben, and at the end I said: "7 minutes to 'Start razzing Gino' season."

I'm old enough, and have watched the Vikings long enough that I should know better. Except for maybe the years of the Purple People Eaters, they've always been a team that if they have the opposing team at 3rd down and 38, they'll give up a 39 yard play. They always seem to find a way to make the most inexperienced and/or mediocre quarterbacks look like the second coming of Joe Montana.

Doggone it, I was looking forward to giving Gino a hard time. Yeah, the Queens won; but now it's like kissing your sister. It's a kiss, but there's just no pleasure in it.

2 comments:

RobertDWood said...

And green bay is solidly parked at the top of the division. :D

Longwell had a heck of a kick to win.

Gino said...

well, you can always kiss my bear as...
ahh, never mind.

and green bay is 5-1.
and where,pray tell, DID that '1' come from?