Thursday, August 30, 2007

A rose by any other name is still a rose; and, a diamond by any other name is still a rock

My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. (Proverb 2:1-5)





Mystery Surrounds Claim of World's Largest Diamond

A man who claimed to be a shareholder in a mining company said Tuesday the firm had unearthed a diamond twice the size of the world's largest — a claim that set off excitement and skepticism. Industry experts said the report still needed to be verified.

Let's see--- find the knowledge of God, or find a big rock; hmmm, know God, or own a big rock. I guess I'm gonna have to go with seeking the treasure that would surpass all else in value. If you think I'd pick the rock, you didn't read my post from around Valentine's Day this year re: man's best friend vs a girl's best friend.

Next to Darwinism, I think the value placed on diamonds is one of the biggest scams ever perpetrated on humanity. I'm not going to repeat alot of what I wrote in that last post; but, I will repeat this thought---if Elizabeth Taylor would ever have an opportunity on her deathbed to go back in her life and choose between fame, riches and having lots of big, pretty, polished up rocks, along with the addictions, health problems, and miserable relationships that she suffered along with them; or, knowing the God who could have given her true riches in this life---I wonder which she would choose.

1 comment:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I wonder if she clearly has been offered that choice.