Saturday, May 19, 2007

We are now all in double digits

Happy Birthday Hannah-bear, the big 10. Today was a family celebration day. Ice cream cake from DQ last night. This morning we took her to pick out the latest craze, Webkinz animals. She chose a monkey, now named Trixie, to adopt via a website. Now she can play all kind of games and do stuff at the web site. She wanted to eat at Subway, so that was her birthday meal. Then, we went to see Shrek 3. It was cute, but I don't think it had the laughs of the first two. Now, she's off playing with friends, while MM and I are getting ready for the Lynnard Skynnard concert. I'm really bummed the concert happened to fall on her birthday, and we've been hearing about it from the kids, they want to go. Anyway, in two weeks we are having the big celebration party for her with a load of her friends. It was a good day, my little girl is growing up. Just the other day, her and mom went out to make one of those first purchases that marks a milestone in womanhood, for training purposes only, if you get the drift.




3 comments:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for sharing it with us! Happy birhtday Hannah-bear!

Gino said...

i tried to buy my daughter one of those 'training things' back in the day.(being divorced, it was my weekend).

lets just say she forgot all about the diaper changes and bathings, and suddenly got all shy on me.
and rather upset.

DADS: better leave this up to mom.
trust me.

Bike Bubba said...

My mom tells me that a friend had his daughters (one adopted, one biological) both "become women" the same week while his wife was out. Rough time for him!