Thursday, May 03, 2007

Food researchers should all be locked up and force fed everything they study.

Coffee May Help Fight Diabetes, Cancer
Drinking coffee can help ward off type 2 diabetes and may even help prevent certain cancers, according to panelists discussing the benefits - and risks - of the beverage at a U.S. scientific meeting.

However, Dr. Arab did find evidence that coffee may increase the risk of leukemia and stomach cancer, with the case for leukemia being strongest.

What exactly is the point that these researchers want to make when they come out with this stuff? Let's see, do I want to drink coffee and be protected from diabetes, but die from leukemia; or, should I not drink coffee, and not get leukemia, but die from some other type of cancer that I might have avoided if I did drink coffee.

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad, world. I just revert back to my old standby philosophy, as long as it doesn't cause E.D., I'm not gonna worry about it. (If you don't know what E.D. is, read up on the resume of Bob Dole)

2 comments:

Mercy Now said...

Well, 5 yrs from now there'll be another study stating the opposite. It was like one time butter was bad and margarine's good but now it's the opposite. The thing you really want to know is who are the corporate sponsors funding these studies.

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

You're too funny. E.D.