Monday, April 09, 2007

If I hadn't read it on FoxNews, I wouldn't have believed it

Fugitive Mouse Delays Departure of Vietnam Airlines Flight
A fugitive mouse delayed the departure of a Japan-bound airliner for more than four hours Sunday as technicians hunted down the potential threat, airline officials said.

The mouse was found in a food storage area and the Boeing 777 was cleared for takeoff, said Tran Tien Dung, head of the airline's air safety department.

Chan said Vietnamese aviation authorities suspect that a passenger brought the mouse on board in hand luggage.

The mouse was killed, Dung said.

I still can't believe it: Viet Nam has it's own airline?

Years and years ago I worked in international reservations for Northwest Airlines. I remember talking to a worldly traveler who regaled me with some stories about traveling on certain Asian airlines, primarily in China. I remember him telling me he would show up at the airport for scheduled flights, then it was simply a matter of waiting hours, or even days, before the flights would actually take off. I certainly hope Viet Nam Airlines is a little better with their service.

By the way, it's nice to see that the airline took swift action with this little jihadist. Executing a terrorist on the spot will hopefully prevent further attempts to disable an aircraft. This could be a whole new modus operandi for terrorists. Leave the box cutters at home, just slip some mice in your pants and get through security, then let them loose on the flights. Insidious.

(p.s. you think the airline spokesman's nickname was cow)

No comments: