Monday, April 09, 2007

The AKJ; getting insidiouser and insidiouser by the year

Mysterious outbreak of bedbugs in all 50 states
Nearly eradicated in the United States 50 years ago, resistant strains of "super" bedbugs are infesting mattresses at an alarming rate. In what's being touted as the biggest mystery in entomology, all 50 states are reporting outbreaks of the blood-sucking nocturnal critters.

Pest control companies nationwide reported a 71 percent increase in bedbug calls between 2000 and 2005. Left alone, a few bedbugs can create a colony of thousands within weeks.

"Blood-sucking nocturnal critters" eh; that could describe human terrorists as well


I don't think it's reached the same level as the plagues of Egypt; but nevertheless, I pray we don't get an infestation. I've had the unpleasant experience of sleeping in a bed that had these little jihadists, no fun.
(p.s. I realize insidiouser is not a proper word; accept it, I'm sure I'll use it again)

No comments: