Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Greatest Story Ever Told?

Well, not really; but, it is one of my all-time favorite movies---The Blues Brothers.

Last night, just as we're closing out the night and getting ready to sleep, I was flipping through the channels one last time and came upon this movie. It was the scene where they're pulled over and getting checked on SCMODS--State, County, Municipal Offender Data System; thus ensues one of the best cop chase scenes in the history of cinema, through a mall. I love that scene.

"man, this mall has everything"
"the new oldsmobiles are in early this year"
"Pier 1 Imports"

Even though I've seen it probably 30 times, I would have watched more of it; but alas, it was a little too late on a work night and I was tired. This is one movie we don't have to have a DVD of; it's on TV probably 25 times a year on different stations.

No comments: