Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Why I love living in a small town, USA. (Reason # 2,352) Downtown Rockford, rush hour, 9/11.

I have no major feelings about this day. Since 9/11/2001, there have been countless tragedies played out every single day. Most of them I've only witnessed via tv or the internet; some of them have hit close to home. I'm not eloquent enough to express any type of sentiments re: the tragedy of life. I am, however, optimistic enough to know that surrounding the tragedies there are also countless tales of comedy, joy, good and great deeds of humanity, and an overwhelming abundance of nonsense that still makes life enjoyable and worth carrying on.

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.