Wednesday, August 08, 2007

No Christmas present for my postal carrier this year

It's bad enough getting bills in the mail; but what I got yesterday almost made we wish there was another bill. It was a letter from my medical clinic, and it was pretty thick. I couldn't imagine what it was they were sending me out of the blue. Turns out it was a reminder and paperwork for a procedure that was scheduled back in February, and that will be coming up in exactly 28 days---a colonoscopy. Oh joy of joys, I have that to look forward to.

What the heck is the deal with the prescription for dulcolax. Having some foreign object inserted where the sun don't shine is bad enough; but, there's something even worse that I have to now endure for the next 4 weeks---sadistic taunting from Mocha-momma. It's already begun.

Oh well, it's an unpleasant necessity that I guess I can live with. I'm grateful that I can say with complete confidence I know they won't find any sort of foreign objects while rooting around. Anybody ever see The Fantastic Voyage; maybe they could get Raquel Welch to do the procedure.



No comments: