Sunday, June 17, 2007

It was a great Father's Weekend; one day just doesn't cut it.

It's now 9:00, Sunday evening, and I can look back over the weekend with a sigh of contentment. It started out Friday night with a dinner out at Old Country Buffet. They figured it would be better than trying to go there Sunday after church. The only drawback to the evening was spending about an hour and a half at the T-Mobile store. We got 3 new phones to replace the ones we have, added a fourth, and changed our plan---those people need to work on their procedures and efficiency in dealing with customers. That was ridiculous.

I got very worried with the thunderstorms that hit Friday night, because I had a golf date with my brother on Saturday morning. He's up from Houston, and that was the only time I was able to get together with him. We went out to Bluff Creek in Chaska, and although it was threatening for about 3 holes, after that the sun came out and it was beautiful the rest of the round. I don't want to brag, but I shot a 53. The only bad part was that I had to go out and play the back nine after that. I drove the ball better than I have in years, but what killed me were my long irons, (actually, the hybrids in my new set, I couldn't hit those worth a darn). I didn't do myself any favors on the greens with my putter either. I had a great time with my bro, and that's all that counts; plus, any time spent on the golf course is time well spent.

Saturday night found me partaking in a great ministry opportunity, thanks to Night Writer. He sent me an e-mail and said I should get in touch with his brother-in-law, who formed a ministry that will be doing services at 4 scouting camps in MN. I live fairly close to Stearn's Scout Reservation, so I went out there last night, and tonight, to do a 1/2 hour service for the campers. I was a little nervous, but I had a pretty good object lesson from Focus on the Family that I was able to tailor to scouting, and it all went ok. This weekend came up on some short notice; but, in the future, our whole family will be able to go out on Friday night and stay in a cabin, and partake of the campgrounds, for the entire weekend.


Today was a nice relaxing day of church, watching the U.S. Open, a little reading, and having MM make me my very favorite dish---golabki, (or golumki, it's Polish, and I've seen it spelled a number of ways) which is stuffed cabbage rolls.

I didn't have much time to seek out any nonsense going on in the world, I'll get back to that tomorrow. I'm sure the squirrels didn't call a truce because it was Father's Day.


1 comment:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Amazing squirrel photo!