Thursday, June 07, 2007

It isn't worth your life

N.C. Teen, Wis. Man Drown in Separate Accidents Retrieving Cell Phones
A teenager drowned after jumping into a lake to get a cell phone he dropped during a fishing trip.

Also Wednesday, a 41-year-old man drowned in Sheboygan, Wis., after getting stuck in a storm sewer trying to retrieve a cell phone, police said.

What are the odds on seeing this kind of story just 2 days after my son dropped our cell phone into a storm sewer? (see post from yesterday)

Even stranger, is that JR's buddie dropped and lost his cell phone in the Crow River just a few weeks back. Thank God he didn't get into serious trouble trying to find it in a flowing river. Even luckier for him, I don't think he got grounded for life; I guess his dad took it pretty well.

Let's see, a cell-phone retrieval business. Think I could make any money doing that? I could hire Naomi on as my lone employee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, If I had known how dangerous storm sewer cell phone retreival was, I would have doubled my rates!

Naomi

Mercy Now said...

Cell phone retrieval biz? Well, prob not cuz most people wouldn't risk their lives for them, esp when they are wet like in the stories you mentioned.