Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm still seeing motorcycles; and they're still ticking me off

As I've mentioned previously, I take back county roads to get to work each day. This morning I witnessed one of those oh so special motorcyclists who feels that traffic laws don't pertain to him. First he passed about 5 cars in a no-passing zone, which was a little hilly, and you can't see oncoming traffic very well. He just barely ducked in behind another car as a car came at him over a hill. When we got to a T-intersection, he passed the car in front of him on the shoulder and made a right hand turn right in front of another oncoming car, one that the car had been waiting to drive by.

I don't have anything against motorcycles; but I get very tired of seeing these 'Start Seeing Motorcycle' stickers. I see them, and far more often than not, they're being idiots and pulling stunts that make themselves a hazard to themselves and others.

1 comment:

Bike Bubba said...

Well said--the same can be said for many bicyclists. I am one, and it always bums me to see cyclists more or less in the middle of a lane when the road has beautiful 6-8' shoulders. Yes, it's legal, but sometimes common sense and common courtesy ought to come into play.