Wednesday, May 02, 2007

She has you, what else does she need?

From Fox News: Ten Geeky Gifts for Mom

BrightFeet Lighted Slippers.
Ladybug SD Card Reader
La-Tweez Illuminating Tweezers
Clip-On Cord Labels
Women's Digital Photo Wallet
Sound Therapy Eye Mask
Spa Lights
Flexilite Booklight
Accelerometer
Haier Electronic Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner

And if you really want to go overboard on a gift, do what I did for Mocha-momma a few years ago---padded toilet seats. She loved it, even more than the gag gift we got her. If I had to go with something off this list, I'd go for the illuminating tweezers. Mocha-momma has this mission in life to keep my ears clear of hair, and when she goes at them with the tweezers it can be a bear. This way she can at least see where they are, instead of just drilling blind and hoping she comes up with something.

For MM and I, it's hard to come up with something for either of our moms. They're both over 70, and nick-nacky type things just don't work. They don't need a whole lot. Gift cards don't exactly express 'I love you' the way it should, but sometimes that's still the best option, usually to restaurants.

No comments: