Thursday, May 17, 2007

How is it that an insane person can make at least $71 million

Andy Warhol Painting Sells for $71 Million
NEW YORK -- An Andy Warhol painting sold for more than $71 million, more than quadrupling the previous top auction price for the pop artist's work, an auction house said.

Warhol's painting "Green Car Crash (Green Burning Car I)," went for $71.7 million to an anonymous buyer. The previous auction record for a Warhol work was $17.4 million, set when "Mao" sold at Christie's in November, the auction house said.



Just think how many carbon offsets this person could have purchased with $71 million. I hope this is a really bad image of the work. I think looking at an x-ray would give about the same amount of artistic pleasure. I'd just as soon stick to hanging up 4th grade works of art by my daughter.

No comments: