Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Welcome, and please leave your brain at the door.

I see that there's a thing going around called Thinking Blogger Award. Bloggers are posting the names of sites that they feel makes them think. I certainly enjoy going to many of these sites, particularly Hammerswing and Night Writer, two men who I have met in person and admire a great deal.

I will admit freely and proclaim to you all that I have absolutely no desire to make you think. Please leave your brain at the door, but bring in your funny bone and your sense of humor. I hope that this site can be just a little oasis as you muck around the blogosphere and search for whatever it is you're seeking.

I've always loved that quote from Willie Wonka---"A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by, the wisest men." And that is what I seek to provide: a little nonsense from the seriousness of the world. Just look at me as the Beverly Hillbillies of blog sites.

You’re all invited back again to this locality
To have a heapin helpin of my hospitality
Hillbilly that is.
Set a spell. Take your shoes off. Y'all come back now, y'hear?

No comments: