Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I see it with my own eyes; but I don't know that I believe it

Can anybody identify what kind of dog this is? Is this for real, or do you think somebody did a little enhancement?

I hope this mutt doesn't think he's a lap dog.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update: Mocha-momma was intrigued, and started sleuthing on the net. She thought it was a mastiff, and was correct; but, she also found a site that does proclaim this picture as a hoax.


The Old English Mastiff is the LARGEST breed of dog in the world . They can weigh anywhere from 110 pounds to the 343 pounds. Zorba,an English mastiff ,held the world record of the world's largest dog. Although most Mastiff males weigh around 160-230 pounds and females around 120-190 pounds. The height of a mastiff can range from 25 inches at the shoulder to 36 inches .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a Mastiff.

Mocha-Momma

Anonymous said...

No, no! It's the Hound of the Baskervilles!!!