Thursday, January 04, 2007

Why don't I ever get polled for anything, I'm a Pole after all

Survey: Real-Life 'Desperate Housewives' Have Regrets About Husbands (FoxNews)
So much for happily ever after. A new survey has found a shockingly large number of blissful brides turn into desperate wives.
If given a chance to do things over, more than half of 3,000 married women polled by Woman's Day magazine and AOL were not sure they would marry their husband again — with more than a third saying they would definitely not pick the same spouse.


So, if we took Mocha-momma (kingdavid), Reverend Mother (Night Writer), and Sweeter Half (Surly Dave), we should find that one of them would not marry us again if given the chance. Let's see, what kind of factors could come into play that might skew the odds.

I really, really wish that I could say the fact that we're all strong-believing Christians would make that statistic totally out of whack, but I can't. I know that in our case, Mocha-momma and I made a commitment to each other that divorce would never, ever be an option; but we certainly came close early on in the marriage. Thank God for his grace and favor that got us through some of those times.

There's alot of other interesting little tidbits in this article as well. They ask about which celebrities should get together. My prediction for celebrity match-ups: Rosie O'Donnell and Hillary Clinton will each leave their spouses and hook up together, Rosie will then have the opportunity to become the "First Husband" or "First Gentleman" of the White House in the history of the presidency. Of course she might still be considered the "First Lady." Who would be the dominant male figure in that match-up, tough call.

2 comments:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I think Hillary has a shred of femininity left so they would, in their role play probably have Rosie play the man - ick ick ick I wanna be sick sick sick.

Say, yes I be workin downtown but may not work Sat at all and I'll look for an old fart, but there may be a few of those.

I am achin to live in the country, by the way, Grew up in a small town.

kingdavid said...

All right, not that old. Let's say a distinguished looking gent with a graying beard, a trophy wife, and two kids in tow.