Thursday, January 18, 2007

There's a sadist inside everyone

Mocha-momma: my sweet, loving , adorable wife.

I'm working away on my lap-top, loading e-mail addresses of men from our church into my new e-mail account for the men's ministry; she's watching the boob-tube and flipping around. For some reason she got fixated on the episode of American Idol which was on last night.

We have never watched a single episode of this show since it's been on; and last night just reminded me of why. I'm one of those people who can not stand to watch anybody being humiliated or put into uneasy situations. I think it's a God inspired spirit of mercy which just makes me cringe when I see people being humiliated or embarassed.

I know these people bring it on themselves; and it's also the fault of the significant others in their lives who fail to be truthful and tell them they have no talent. That doesn't matter; I just can't watch it. Mocha-momma kept turning it back on, and I kept getting more indignant. She's normally the same way I am in seeing these situations; but for some reason she kept going back to it.

Self-delusion is a terrible condition; but, sadistically subjecting your husband to this type of torture is inhuman.

4 comments:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

I agree. I can't watch this show for the same reason. I don't like to see them put these people through the torture.

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Ditto that. Ryan was watching it and I had to put on my headphones after awhile. Mockery isn't a sport.

Anonymous said...

I need to clarify that I'm not referring to MM as a sadist because she enjoys watching people get humiliated; she's like me in that regard. I was jokingly referring to her as a sadist because she kept subjecting me to listening to these no-talent hacks trying to pretend they could sing.

kingdavid

W.B. Picklesworth said...

Well that goes without saying, but anyone forcing her husband to listen is a sadist nevertheless. What's next, daily Oprah?